Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Email from July 6th

Greetings From Hickville!!

Hello everyone! =)
It's official, I've been sent to the hick town! Everyone keeps asking me if I'm "Eye-Talian"... There are cornfields everywhere, and bails of hay, too. It's insane. Last week is the one week out of the year where everyone is allowed to purchase and set off fireworks, so all day, EVERY DAY, until the 4th, Grand Island was like a war zone. We fell asleep to the fireworks every night. The house we live in was the worst one... they set off more fireworks than anyone in the city. It was insane!
Along with our 2 wards, we actually cover a little branch called Aurora, about 30 minutes away. They come and pick us up once a week and we take care of things in their area that one day. We went on saturday for the first time, and I got to see a LEGIT small town. It was so interesting... So Stars Hollow-ish. I loved it though.
Things are starting to pick up here in GI. We basically started from scratch, with the exception of a 2 baptismal sets... but it's starting to look upward. Sister Hall is super organized, so I am thankful for that. We have a few really amazing investigators now and we're starting to have more appointments instead of lots of finding time. Yesterday we taught a cute little family--The smiths. It's a single mom, Bambi, and her 2 kids, Rochelle and Rashawn. They are amazing. We randomly knocked on her door last week while looking for a former, and Rochelle answered and said we could come back. It was one of those things where we didn't think they were really interested but we went back anyway. I'm so thankful we did, because it was one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission so far. Sister hall gave the First Vision and it was like the spirit knocked us upside the head. Bambi said she felt warm, and that she felt good about it. This was just yesterday, so we soft-set them, but I know they will be baptized. It was so amazing.
Also, we met a guy named Boyd the other day. He is a war vet, who feels a lot of guilt about the wars he's fought in. He said he would be baptized if he can feel peace, because he's never felt peace. We are teaching him soon and we are excited! He's going to be amazing.
Anyway, we're still working really hard to build up the area, but It's progressively getting better and we're loving it! I wasn't too sure about GI at first, I have to admit... I really miss Omaha, but I love it now, and I'm so glad I'm here. I love Sister Hall too... she's the best! =)
I love all of you... You amaze me! Keep me posted by writing me letters! ;).... Also... will you pray for missionary experiences? ---that's a commitment! =) Love you!
sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment