Monday, February 21, 2011

February 1st Email

I have had an incredible week!! Sister Vander Does and I have been so blessed and had amazing experiences. We had one day this past week where we literally knocked on doors ALL day. I have never been so exhausted in my life. We got lots of contacts but most of them were referrals for other missionaries. Now, it's always a little rough when you don't get to teach them, but I was really excited that we found so many people. The cool thing was, when we sent in the referrals, 2 of them turned out to be in our area, so we get to go back and see them! That was neat. It was a long tiring day, but at the end of the day, I was so happy to have done EVERYTHING I could. It wasn't until the very last second of the evening, at the very last door that we knew why we had been out tracting all day... that was cool. We will go back and see her soon =)
Fredi and Itzel are doing amazing! We talked to them about their living situation. They know that they need to get married, and already wanted to. The thing is that in both of their cultures it's common to either have a big huge wedding or not at all... SO... that's where we are at right now. BUT, they understand that its important. I was terrified to teach that lesson... You just never know how they are going to respond, but Heavenly Father really took care of the situation. On Sunday, we had a ride all set for them. Then, he came to church and said that they didn't answer their door. I was devistated! BUT, eventually they showed up and I had the biggest grin on my face! and they looked so cute! Fredi had on a nice suit, and itzel had on a cute little outfit. Their 3 year old Brianna had a pretty little fancy dress on and Baby Angelica had cute little white tights on with her outfit. They just looked adorable! We got them copies of the bible because they said they were always confused when everyone was using their quads... They broke out their little bibles during sunday school and then realized they forgot their copies of the Book of Mormon! It was funny, but it made me smile to know how hard they are trying =)... I am so excited to see them progress. Itzel is really coming to know that this is what she needs in her life. She just glows.
CeLora has received answers to her prayers. She Prayed about being baptized, and asked for a sign. We went to teach her and she said she got the sign. She had a really bad experience at church, and said she is tired of going their and wants to change. She is going to get baptized!
We taught Candice and Eli. We decided to take a "book of mormon story" approach. We thought Eli might be able to connect to the different stories. So, the other day we read Ether 3 and talked about the brother of jared having to act and come up with a plan in order for the lord to help him. We told him that he needs to be willing to act in order to receive answers... So he committed to come to church! He didn't end up going, which was a bummer... but usually he just says no, so that was a step up!
It's freezing here! Yesterday I experienced my first Ice storm. NOT my favorite. We spent most of the day scraping people's windows, because our cars were grounded and everyone spent 20 minutes scraping 1/4 inch ice from their windshields. It was neat though! we've discovered that our nametags make great scrapers, and it gives us opportunities to get to know people in a less threatening way. We were scraping the windows of one of our ward members, and a lady decided to help us, and after we were done we asked if she would let us come and share a message with her, and she said "certainly!"... we are excited!
I have really seen so many blessings this week. Heavenly Father knows just what I need and what Ralston needs.... I'm so grateful!
I love you all! you should write me some letters, k? love you!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment