Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Busy Week- Letter 4-20-2010

Hi family/friends!

So this past week has been amazing and the week to come is going to be amazing! On saturday I had my first baptism, Dawn... I haven't told you about dawn. She committed to be baptized before I got here, but she has been amazing. She's been through a lot, and she has so much peace now! it was funny though, she had her friend James baptize her, and he is about as small as they come, and he ended up dropping her. haha. We all shared a good laugh, so it was all good! =)

DAVID. I am always so amazed by David! I love him! He is smoke free, and asked his roommate to leave, and he is good to go for this Saturday! He went to Dawn's baptism and he was so excited! I just can't wait!

We have had some great experiences. One of our less actives is doing well. Burgess. He's great. He and his girlfriend are now living the Law of Chastity completely. They were practically living together, because she has a pretty tough family situation. But the other day we went to see him, and she moved back home, so that she can be baptized. AMAZING. everyone is so amazing. I'm always surprised when people do what we tell them to... haha.

We had to have an awkward DTR with our investigator Jeff. He's about 30, and an engineer. He's always trying us. And he seems to have a crush on Sister Brady. Before hand we had to tell him to stop being prideful and everything, and he had a good prayer experience.... so after he softened up we asked what his intentions were. after much tribulation, everything is fine, and we no longer need to turn him over to the elders....

So now I'd like to take a little time to tell you about Omaha.

Ice cream man= Ding ding man

the sentence "I have a few cookies"= "I have a couple 3 cookies"

Everyone smokes.

there are a lot of celiacs. lucky me!

you always have to take your shoes off when you enter people's homes

I'm not sure if this is because we're sisters, or if it's because nebraskans are nice, but everyone is always willing to just give out their information, and that astounds me!

WELL... I think that's all for this week! pray for david so he won't be tempted to smoke! although, the plan worked and he doesn't even crave them anymore! thanks for all your prayers! I love you! bye!


Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment