Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First letter from Omaha!!!

Here is Lianna's email from today!! We hadn't heard from her since before she left the MTC! So fun to see how she's been doing the last week in Omaha!!! She sounds great! Enjoy!!

Sorry I haven't emailed in forever. I got really gipped in the p-day department when we were in VC training and then transfers. so I haven't had a pday since last friday in the MTC!... Well, I LOVE NEBRASKA. It's so wonderful here. All the houses are really cute and little, even the old ghetto ones are pretty. Everyone smokes though, and it's gross, and I smell like smoke most of the time, but it's great! haha.

President and sister Kunz are so nice. They are just the sweetest people. President and I bonded over Ireland, cause he served there. They are just so loving and kind. All the missionaries are nice too. Everyone is so encouraging and nice. I live in an apartment with my companion, sister Brady, Sister Endemann, and Sister Bleazard. I have the best apartment ever =)... Sister Brady is so sweet and fun, and hard-working. I find it really easy to work hard around her because she's so lovable, I can't say no when she asks me to do something! haha. She always does nice things for me, and goes out of her way to tell me when I'm doing something right. which I feel is not very often. She's just fabulous. We get lost a lot though. I am trying to learn how to be better at reading maps, and it's not easy, but I'm improving. It's funny, I've been here less than a week and I have been having to help sister brady find her way around. haha. I love her dearly!

My second day here was kind of a disaster. The stomach flu has been going around here, since before I came, and of course, after ten years of not throwing up ever, I got the dreaded stomach flu. all of our work was postponed. I felt so bad! I ended up sleeping in the trail center the whole day while sister brady gave tours. poor thing! she checked on my a lot though, and told me a story about the day that Indian Jones was approached by 2 sister missionaries in the desert. It resulted in the elders digging a hug hole in the ground to find water to baptize him. She really knows her church history! =) She's such a good mommy =)...

So... my favorite tidbit of info is that of all people in the united states...... I have been called to serve in.... THE WINTER QUARTERS SINGLES WARD. What were they thinking? haha. I laughed and said "oh, no" when I read my little call letter. I'm the last missionary who should be sent to a singles ward! BUT, the cool thing is, we are only allowed to teach singles, so everyone I teach is around my age, and I connect with them so much more than anyone else. We have 3 baptismal dates set right now. 2 were from before, but yesterday I set our investigator David for baptism. It was so cool. I met him my first day, and he really took in all of the information we were teaching him. He went to conference on Sunday and was in Awe over the fact that what was said was everything he has always believed. later he called us, and I answered and he said to me, "Is this real? have I really found everything I have been looking for?"... I told him that he did, and that I knew that heavenly father put him in my path for a reason. SO, yesterday, we committed him to be baptized. We put him on a non-smoking plan, so he will be good to go. We committed to give up sweets so that we could relate to him. haha. ALSO, he is a pianist, and we bonded over Lead Me Home yesterday. So my music book is being put to use =)....


We have lots of other investigators that are awesome. A lot of them are black, and it makes me so happy! =)... I'll tell you more about them as time goes on. David is the topic of the week for me, cause it's my first real missionary experience here in Nebraska.

I haven't really been in the trail center too often. I don't really want to be. haha. I love the trail center, but I don't want to be the one giving tours. I'd rather be out proselyting. Weird... I know! It is really awesome though, with all of the history. I love the cemetary, which is weird to say, but all around the cemetary are reminders that these people will be with their families again. I just think that's cool. And it's next to the temple, which is awesome. The trail center sisters are definitely spoiled. Theres what they call the dungeon, where there are clothes everywhere and treadmills and weights. And there's a kitchen for us. it's awesome. but we're not there all that much.

Well, that's all I can think of for now, once I remember more stuff I'll write a little letter! I love you all! I hope you have a lovely week, talk to you next week. I think our p-days alternate so I will probably be emailing on monday. Have fun! MUAH


1 comment:

  1. Wow this made me so happy to read! i am glad she is doing great! what a wonderful Spirit she has, and Im sure she will touch the lives of many!

    ReplyDelete