Monday, April 12, 2010

Email to everyone 4-12-10

Here's the email from this morning!!

Hello everyone!
Well, I've had a pretty eventful week. David has been smoke free for a week today... I feel like I should help people quit smoking for a living! haha. If you have any friends who need some help, send them my way! There is a small set back. We just found out that his roommate is a girl. They are not dating, but we aren't allowed to baptize him until he or she moves out, so today we have to break that news to him. Hopefully he understands. Pray for him.
The other day, Sister Brady, Me, Our zone leaders and our investigator, Justin fasted so that Justin would be able to stop chewing tobacco. It was a cool experience. He felt really good afterward. When we ended the fast, we taught him a lesson about the priesthood, and our Zone leaders gave him a blessing. He said he felt really peaceful afterward. Sister Brady always volunteers me to sing for people, so Me and Elder Liki Liki sang "abide with me tis eventide" for everyone, and it was fun. Later that day, David was having a hard time because he wanted to smoke, so when we were teaching him, she said "would you like sister Bonelli to sing to you? That would make you feel better!" haha. So naturally, I'm always prepared for the fact that she might volunteer me. she's so cute!
We had a pretty cool experience on Thursday. We were visiting some people at the West Maple apts, where we pretty much know everyone, because we have several contacts there. There is one building that we are not too familiar with though, so we decided randomly to go there. right when we entered the building, A young adult-aged guy walked down the stairs, so we decided to talk to him...(we are supposed to talk to EVERYONE) He said he wasn't interested in organized religion, and politely, yet sternly, turned us down. Sister Brady kept talking as he kept walking to his car, and somehow, miraculously, within 2 seconds he randomly said "actually, why don't you come back here at 8. my roommate will be here, and I'll be home from work."----- when the heck did he decide to let us come back? haha. He must have felt bad because when he said that, she was in the middle of explaining that our pass along cards were in spanish, and that even though he had no idea what the card said, the website would be in english! haha. We did get to meet with him that night, and he at first was really defensive and hard to teach. But he sort of let on that he has been through some things and softened up, and eventually told us we could come back. We met with him again on Saturday and he was very argumentative because he doesn't understand why Jesus had to suffer. we spent a good chunk of the lesson trying to understand what he was trying to say to us. He is really vague sometimes. BUT, he did let us come back. So we're workin' on it.
SO.... we went Blitzing on Friday, which is where we go downtown with the Elders and GQ people---which means talking to everyone and giving them pass along cards and inviting them to have the missionaries. It was so much fun. However, We were talking to some guys who accepted the invitation, but pretty soon we realized the were street kids, and all of their friends decided to surround us, (mom, don't worry, not in a scary way.) and kept throwing out their information to us. People in Omaha are so willing to give us their information, which I think is really awesome, but weird. I would not just let random strangers in unless the spirit told me it was ok! =)... While we were walking around, Brady had me on the phone trying to find a team up for one of our appointments. I called this girl, Amy Willis, and got no answer. then someone called back, and it was her number, but it was a guy. He said we called him, and I said I didn't know what was going on, but I started talking to him about the gospel and he told me we could come visit him and he gave me his info. I was stoked! I felt so missiony. But pretty soon after that---5 minutes---- we received a text from him saying "you sound really cute... text me back.".... So basically we don't know what to do about him. We will probably send the Elders over. haha
I've worked in the trail center a few times. I will someday learn to love it. I just haven't found my niche yet, in terms of how to give tours that aren't boring. It is pretty cool though. You guys should come pick me up when I'm done with my mission so you can see it. It's awesome.
I did a session in the WQ temple. It's really tiny and pretty. Elder Oaks' brother and his wife work in the temple. So that's cool.
Zone conference is this week. I'm excited, because we have a zone activity today and i get to wear pants! haha. WOO. Elder Liki Liki and I are singing at zone conf on thursday, which is going to be fun. He's my favorite! =)... he's huge, and awesome.
WELL.... I can't think of anything else yet. but you should email me soon. It's probably best to just email me on sunday nights, because I never know exactly when I will be on the computers. Ok I love you all! I hope you're forwarding these! post on facebook to get people's email addresses so they can hear! =)... ok I love you mucho mucho! bye!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment