Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day.

Today was a perfect day. At first I was a little annoyed because, my car is currently unavailable, and I was feeling like a bum, but it got progressively better!

Angela was set apart as a missionary yesterday, so I started out the day by being her pretend mission companion while her mom went to work. It was kind of fun, but we kept forgetting that she wasn't allowed to be alone, so I almost let her walk into the dry cleaners by herself while I waited in the car. Good luck getting used to that Ange! =)We watched "The Errand of Angels"(that sister missionary movie that makes me freak out every time I see the preview!) It was actually really good, and helped me feel a little excited for my future plans!

Then, conveniently enough, the sister missionaries in our ward called and asked if I wanted to come teaching with them in the evening. I've been really flakey with them lately, sad to say, and it happened to be perfect timing, because I didn't have a car, and nowhere important to be, so I was excited to finally tell them that I could go! =) We went and saw a family that is recently coming back to church, and we taught them about tithing. I actually commented several times, something I am always scared to do. I felt really mission-esque and that I was capable of being a missionary as I learn and grow. After that lesson, I felt like I should ask them if they were going to see anyone else, so I did. It turned out that they did have another family to teach. It happened to be a family that my family has known for years, and the mom is active, but her husband and children are not. This woman is a very intelligent and spiritual woman. I felt like she should have been in my place, with all of the things that she taught me. I was able to bear my testimony as we taught her and her husband, and even though he has a very stubborn personality, and probably has no desire to go to church right now, I could see in his eyes that he knew the things we said were true. I could see the light radiating from his wife, and the light radiating from the sister missionaries. I can't wait to shine that light on others.

Today, I learned something about myself. I learned that I'm not the most educated person when it comes to the gospel. I don't know Everything there is to know, nor do I have a lot to offer. But I do have a testimony, that this gospel is the true gospel of Christ. He lived and died for us, and he atoned for our sins. I can't handle everything. What I can handle is up to me, and I will see the opportunities to handle anything that comes my way. What I can't handle will be taken care of by the Lord. He is everything. Heavenly Father knows us all individually, not as a whole. He Knows me, and he knows you. And he loves me and you. And he is waiting for us with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment