Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Beginnings

Life is such a silly little thing. I seriously feel like it was yesterday that I walked into Mr. Raider's 4th grade class in my plaid jumper and my leapard print jacket/"funny" hat that I was made fun of for. Angela was my new friend who I fought with all the time over toys and things, and bekah was the cool girl who I hung out with from time to time. Alli went to a different school, but we played from time to time, and then middle school came and we had our tough times *lol*... But little did we know the four of us would become so close. All three of them, even though we've gone through different phases together, have influenced me in one way or another. They've laughed with me, cried with me, shopped with me, looked stupid with me, and all other kinds of things that I am eternally grateful for. They've truly made me who I am today.

Now, Alli is married with a baby, Bekah is running around in Hawaii making an awesome name for herself, and Ange is leaving for a mission in about a week. For a while, I didn't know what I needed to do to make a name for myself. I thought I was destined to stay in Moreno Valley forever. But I have come to the conclusion that I, too, should serve a mission. After about a year of battling the idea, I have decided that I want to serve the Lord and spread his gospel. I know that inspite of all of my feelings of inadequacy, and the fact that I'm terrified to leave home for a year and a half, that Heavenly Father needs me. He has really come through for me and it's about time I do something for him. =) So wish me luck as I prepare myself for this event. I haven't started my papers but I will soon, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment