Sunday, June 27, 2010

Email from June 21st!

)Sorry it's late we moved this week ... life has been insane!!

HOLY CANOLI! What an amazing week.

First things first, Janetta was baptized and it was amazing! =)...

We had Zone conference. I spent the whole time listening to the trainings and thinking of how terrible of a missionary I was, and how much I needed to fix. But one training was about the spirit and really focusing on the spirit, so I really tried to pay attention to that training and take a lot from it. So the next day, I prayed all day to have the spirit, and it turned out to be one of the best days I've had in the field. I loved it! I've been trying to focus on that ever since.

Alright so there's some big news.... Jeff Woodhouse is FINALLY GETTING BAPTIZED! I'm not really sure how it all happened, but last week he fasted and got some answers. The other day he told us his biggest hold up was tithing, and so we told him to pray about it. Yesterday he called us and said he kept feeling like he needed to give the church money, but the thoughts were in a really random way, so he didn't realize that it was an answer... it was really funny. Anyway, he went to the trail center while we were working yesterday, and he was being really giddy, and showed up with blender so that he could make all of us raspberry lemonade. Hilarious. He gave sister B a really sweet letter saying he was probably going to get baptized, and it was really neat. Anyway, we went to our bishops house after dinner to pick up Janetta's baptismal record, and he told us that he had just talked to Jeff on the phone, and this was how the conversation went. "Bishop, I think I'm ready to be baptized, how about tuesday?!"....he didn't want to waste any time, so of course we were ecstatic and we were practically dancing in the streets! We are frantically trying to get everything together now, because that is tomorrow, but OH MY GOSH, he's getting baptized! He was our toughest case. He went from thinking Joseph Smith was a terrible person to knowing he was a true prophet. I'm so happy.

So it's funny when your a missionary. People always give you things. I bought this box about a year or so ago from the salvation army that I love, but on the inside someone wrote "CHARIOT"... but it actually more like "Charoit." I like to leave it open but it's ugly, so this artist who lives in the Indie house, named Jack, painted it for me. He gave it back to me and he pretty much knew exactly what I was looking for without me saying a word. People also like to give me food that is gluten free, which is nice =). And there's a senior couple who makes things for us all the time. Right now Elder Averet is making me a heart shaped necklace out of black walnut. I love it here.

We have a less active named kelsey who is amazing. She has such a testimony but she's been burned pretty badly by some people in the church. We got her to come to church on Sunday because I was singing, and she called us after and told me that she felt the spirit, and she hadn't felt it in a really long time. I had been praying that someone would that day, and it was her. I was really grateful.

Transfers are coming up on thursday, and I'm pretty sure I will be devastated if I leave Winter Quarters, but I am also terrified of turning over the area. I really have no idea what Is happening, but pray that I won't have a panic attack over whatever the outcome is! ;) I truly love the people here. I will be sad if I leave, but I know that whatever is supposed to happen will happen.

I'm pretty sure there were more amazing events this week, but I can't remember at the moment, so sorry =(. But things are great! =) I love you all!

Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment