Friday, June 18, 2010

June 15th Email

Hello Everyone,

Things are going well here in Omaha. David's niece is getting baptized this weekend! We're so excited. She's 18, so we got to teach her and she's just great! Jeff is progressing... slowly but surely. Donnie was ignoring us for a while, and we thought he dropped us, but it turns out that we're just really obnoxious and he just needed a break from us! Imagine that. We had a set baptism with a boy named Tyler Jaffe. He's a good kid, and has apparently read the BOM 5 times. The problem is we can never get a hold of him and he's always disappearing so we're not sure when he's going to be baptized.

Neat experience.... So we have taught this boy named Chad a few times. He's just the sweetest person. His mom was recently baptized so he's been looking into it. Anyway, he's had a really rough upbringing, and lately we haven't been able to reach him. But the other night a MIRACLE HAPPENED. He called us, and he'd been having a hard time, and he called everyone in his phone, and we were the only ones who picked up. We met with him the next day, and we taught him about the Atonement. He walked into the trail center that day and he looked SO sad. He was very down and not like himself. We taught him, and I felt like I needed to tell him how important he is. I said, "Chad, I wish you knew how important you are. You're Important." That was all I said, and I looked at him and I could see tears in his eyes (which is not like him AT ALL)... The lesson progressed, and he began to perk up. We took him into the Reflections of Christ exhibit, and that was also really neat. He was much happier in the end of the lesson. I was so glad. He's such a good person, he just needs the gospel. I think he's realizing that more and more. I just love him.

So we got to go to the Zoo last PDAY. IT was AWESOME!!!! They have a cool butterfly house thing with butterflies everywhere. They have a madagascar exhibit, which was supposed to be really amazing, but I didn't think it was that great. There's a huge jungle dome thing. And BEST OF ALL.... GORILLAS! And there's a story behind the gorillas. So we have an elder in our district named Elder Bailey. He's so sweet. He's like a Garen Holmes. He's about 6'11 and just a big gentle Giant. Anyway, he's been to the zoo before, and when he went to the gorillas, there was one in particular who was intimidated by him. Well we were there last week for our district activity, and the gorilla remembered him. It was amazing, he kept charging at the glass and Elder Bailey just stood there. this happened multiple times. we were rolling! pictures/video soon to come.

Service is fun. Weird, I know. I have found that when we're doing service with our investigators, it helps make things less formal, so they can relate to you more. We did that with QiQi last week, and I felt like we really got to know her more and understand her. She's doing really well.

So Elder Osmond made me train at our last district meeting. I was not happy! I don't do well with those sorts of things. BUT, it didn't go terribly. I could do it again if I had to. It's definitely not my favorite thing in the world though.

Anyway, things are going really well, and I'm loving it of course! I love letters in the mailbox... hint hint ;).... Love you all! take care! Muah!


Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment