Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1st Email

Hello everyone I love! =)

This past week was fabulous!

First things first, Ronnell was baptized! This is my favorite story ever. He got out of the font, and they closed the curtain thing, and all of a sudden we heard him shout "WOO! I feel great!".... Spoken like a true southern baptist...

Right now we have this amazing exhibit at the Trail Center. It's called Reflections of Christ. There's this DVD you can get and it's a slide show of photographs taken by this guy named Mark Mabrey, and It's all pictures depicting Christ's life. It's one of the most Beautiful things I have ever seen, and one of the neatest depictions of Christ I've ever seen. It's amazing. ANYWAY, we have the original prints from the photography in the trail center right now. They are going around to the different visitor's centers, and we have it until August. It adds such an amazing spirit to our little center. I advise ANYONE to get the DVD and see the pictures, and watch the special feature that shows how it was all done. It's so cool.

David baptized his mom on Saturday. I'm pretty much amazed by him! =D

Donnie is quitting smoking. David is helping him. I love my life.

So we have this house full of indie kids that we teach. They are amazing! They always have such neat things to say, and one of them seems to be really wanting what we have to offer. Her name is Emily. There's a house across from them, with a bunch of people as well, who are great, but they are always drunk. The other day we went by to teach one of them, (who stood us up, so we decided to teach the ones that were there instead) and all of a sudden two Native American men walked up to the porch and decided to sit in. They were clearly under the weather, judging by the vodka in their hands, and they decided to offer the prayer, which ended up being a Native American prayer/song/thing. It was beautiful, but impossible to understand. Anyway, we began teaching, or trying to teach, and one of the Native Americans kept trying to talk to me, but I had no idea how to understand his slurred speech! This made him angry, but he continued to try talking to me, and lean on me, so I pulled the scoot-chair-in-sneaky-manner trick, and it seemed to work. Then, everyone started drinking vodka, and talking to each other, making it impossible to teach a normal lesson! ugh. But one thing that was neat, was one of the Indie house kids showed up (Nate) and when the vodka kids would try and get confrontational, He would stand up for us, so that was sweet. But I guess the moral of this long story is to show that its easy to tell when the spirit isn't there. I had such a bad feeling the whole time we were on that porch. So eventually we just left. Haha. That's the problem with teaching YSAs in the Ghetto.

I have been so amazed by Nebraska sunsets. Sister Brady and I were heading home the other night and the sky was completely orange. It was amazing. (btw, it was 8:45 and it was just barely sunset. sleeping takes a while sometimes) It looked like the sky was on fire. I have never seen a sky so beautiful in my life! Oh man. And I'm pretty sure that my favorite temple is now the Winter Quarters Temple. It's the best. I got to go last week, and I'm in love.

Sister Brady is the best. I just love her. We've always been close, but now that we have our apartment to ourselves we have a lot more time to bond in the evenings, as well as focus on being diligent. I've come to realize that when she likes a song, she puts it on repeat. A lot. But I also realized that if she's feeling sad, I can put on her favorite songs and she feels better! =) we also have a secret handshake that never turns out the same. It's the best.

WELL, I think that's basically it. Thanks for all of your support! I just love being a missionary! Write me letters! ;)

Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment