Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 7th Email

Hmmm.... this week was full of interesting-ness

First things first, I forgot to mention last week that I had an interesting experience during a lesson. We were teaching Lia and Ben the Restoration. They had an adorable little puppy named zuzu, who was very excited to see us, and she plopped right on my lap. Right in the middle of "the gospel blesses families," I noticed that she was so excited that she peed right on my lap.... yup.... of course that would happen. It was mildly embarrassing. To top it off, Ben and Lia turned out to be atheists and didn't want the gospel.... BUT, I survived...

I went on exchanges with Sister Gingrich on Wednesday. This time, she came to my area, so I had to be in charge... I was pretty much a stress case the whole day... but I learned a lot, and I actually know my way around this place a lot more than I thought. But I did have to lead the lessons, which helped, but stressed me out. Haha. Lets just say I am not a fan of exchanges when they are in my area... I missed Momma Brady the whole day...

I got to go to target last PDAY and it made me so happy! I felt so at home! AND, I ran into Sister Baker.... She used to be in the Moval stake. She's one of the Powell/Baker/Hughes people... It was neat! Hopefully she mentioned it to someone =)

hmmm... Oh yeah, we had a crazy storm... Technically we had a tornado... well, the city of Blair had one... we just had a crazy Thunder/lightening/rainstorm, and 30th street turned into a river, right when we had to go to our dinner appointment. 10 seconds of backing sister Brady out of a parking spot resulted in me looking like I had just gotten out of the shower. It was ridiculous, but awesome.

ALRIGHT, so our people.... JEFF is doing great. He fasted yesterday, which was not his favorite experience in the world, but he had a prompting of the spirit, and he acted on it... it wasn't about baptism, but he recognized it enough that he told us about it... So we're realizing that we can sort of just help him realize that these things are really promptings and that he's getting closer to understanding the spirit and how it works. It's pretty neat. Slowly but surely. DONNIE... Donnie's not doing so well. He is getting a little bit scared. He was doing so well for a while, so we'll see what happens but he is holding back a bit.

NOW, we need to broaden our teaching pool again. Everyone keeps getting baptized or dropped, so we have to switch it up again. It's always fun to start fresh though, so it will be good. I'm excited. Man, I love being a missionary. Right now I'm focusing a lot on my goals and trying to follow through with them. I'm really bad at 1. thinking of goals and 2. remembering the ones I've set... so I'm working on that right now. I'm trying to study with specific questions in mind, really focus on the spirit when we're in lessons, and a few other things. This morning was a good one for study, so I'm feeling good so far!.... Anyway, I really love this fancy place =) I'm doing really well, I hope everyone else is also doing well! Write me letters! I love you all! take care!


Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment