Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Letter from May 4, 2010

Well, this past week has been pretty exhausting! We have baptized everyone, so now we have been trying to find people to teach. It's actually been pretty fun walking around. We find ourselves seeking YSAs and chasing them down quite often. It's the best!

So, you know you're a missionary when....

You start dreaming about gospel related topics
All of your jokes are gospel related
You find that some verses in the scriptures are funny..(ex: I nephi being large in stature)
(when working in the trail center) You have dreams about people pretending to be Brigham Young and walking into the trail center, trying to deceive you.

It's funny what happens to your sub-conscience when you are serving a mission!

So... cool story. We had our 3rd baptism on saturday. Justin. Justin was set before I got there, and we worked hand and hand with the elders in that area to teach him. He is in a wheel chair, and he was big on chewing tobacco and drinking. He quit everything and got baptized on saturday. It was so neat. They had 3 people carry him into the font, and sat him in a little chair, and 2 stood behind him, while Elder Boyer baptized him. we were worried about how it was all going to work out and when he baptized him, he laid him so gently in the water, and the others helped. It was the coolest thing I've seen here. So special. I love that Heavenly Father makes things possible for EVERYONE.

I had a very awkward tour experience. I gave this weird family a tour. They all seemed nice, just quiet, so I had no reason to think that I shouldn't invite them to take the missionary lessons. So at the end, I invited them. They expressed very clearly that they did not like that it wasn't "just a historical tour"... They Stormed out of the center and I followed shouting, awkwardly, "have a great day...".... then they left, I told the senior couple at the front desk what happened, and then I started balling! hahaha. It was so sad. I got yelled at for sharing my testimony. But I got over it, and I had lots of WONDERFUL tours after that. People are always surprised when they come in, because it's not just history, it's missionary work. Preach my gospel is incorporated with the tours, and it throws people off. But I have found that If I pray before each tour, it turns out okay.

Transfers are coming soon, and I'm worried that my "mama" is going to leave me. I hope not! haha. I'm nothing without her!

So, we have an investigator, Jeff Woodhouse. He's 30, and a major skeptic. He's the one we had to have a DTR with. Anyway, he wants all of this physical evidence. but every time we meet with him he seems to be softening up.. in really interesting ways. He gets answers in the form of questions. For example, he called the other day and said, "I got another question! And I think, I might actually have to READ THE BOOK."... I said, sarcastically, "Yes jeff, that's a great Idea, I can't believe I never thought to tell you that before!"... Then... he went to fast and testimony meeting with an inspired question, and I asked him how he liked it and he said..."Good, I got an answer. My question was 'why do people believe in this?'... and when I heard everyone's testimonies I realized, it's because they felt the holy ghost!".... Hahahaha. So basically, we have to figure out how to make everything his idea.

Anyway, life is grand, and I love it so much! pray that we will find more people to talk to and teach! =) I love you all! MUAH


Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment