Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekly Letter May 18, 2010

Hellooooo everyone! =)

We had transfers this past week, and I'm in the Winter Quarter's ward for another transfer! Apparently I still need sister Brady, because we're still together ;)... But I'm so happy! I would have been so sad if I had to leave! Sister Endemann, my samoan roomy, got transferred, and I was depressed! but she's still in the Trail center so it's okay! Sister Brady and I working really hard right now to be diligent. We have to be! We can't afford to do anything but work hard. OF COURSE, we make sure to have fun along the way, though... so don't worry ;)

Exciting things have happened:
  • David passed the Sacrament!
  • We have a new set. Ronnelle! He's the sweetest.
  • We had 5 investigators at church, and we were so happy! I felt like a mom with all of my children making good choices, it was great!
  • QiQi, who has been putting off baptism for almost a year, thinks she is ready to be baptized!
  • We have a teaching pool again, so that's exciting!
  • Donny, the hippy, who has really weird beliefs, said yesterday that he wouldn't be baptized.... YET. That was, believe it or not, a big deal for him!
Things are just going really well. I'm working on a lot of personal goals right now. Just trying to be less of a wimp. I was doing really well for a while, but I've kind of fallen into old habits again, so I'm working on that. The trail center is turning out to be a lot more amazing though! I've had some really neat experiences there. Sometimes the Elders get permission to bring their investigators in, and we take them on tour, and I've had the opportunity to do that a few times. It's really neat, because the trail center is just another missionary tool, and a way to teach in a more interesting way. and you can focus on specific needs of people. It's so cool. A few days ago, a Tony and Ruth came in, who were not LDS, and they just decided randomly to pick up and go on a random vacation to HERE of all places. It turned out that they recently found out she has a brain tumor. I focused everything on the temple and families. It was one of the most special experiences. It's interesting how people bond with you when they come into the trail center. Even more than when you talk to people on the street. They didn't want missionaries, but I know, because of the things that they said that they felt the spirit. I snuck my address onto a post card, so that they could write me if they changed their minds. who knows if they will, but I'm never going to forget about them. I hope they can be touched enough to change their minds, especially for Ruth's sake.

Anyway, things are definitely amazing here. I love it dearly! =) I hope everyone is happy and healthy! write me! My letters have been a little slim lately! ;)

Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment