Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 16th Email

Hola Familia! =)
Wow, thanks so much for all the birthday love! It was definitely a good one =) Sister Hall told a few people before she left, so I had all of these birthday surprises! Sister Mortensen made me gluten free pancakes for breakfast.... which were awesome. My dinner appointment had baloons and candy for me when we got there, and sister Butler in the 2nd ward gave me some mary kay! Our ward mission leader also gave me a Nebraska Cornhusker blanket! We had mission training the next day, so the sisters serving in North Platte came to spend the night with us, so I even got to have a slumber party! (lights out at 10:30 of course!).... When we got home for the night and met the sisters, all of the Elders that drove down with them sang me happy birthday... it was the best. I definitely didn't feel lonely for being so far away from home... it was nice =)
Mission training was awesome! We have been learning a lot lately about Pause, ponder in prayer.... basically you pray, ask Heavenly Father a question, and wait for the answer before you close.... We did a cool roleplay, where we had to think of something we wanted to know, and we did our roleplay, inviting another missionary (pretending to be an investigator) to try it. Then, that missionary prayed, but really asked what they personally wanted to know... it was really cool. I got some insite that I needed right there with the other missionaries kneeling beside me.
Ann scared us this week. We met with her, and asked if she had read the assignment we gave her. She said, "no, and I have been doing lots of thinking and praying and I just don't think this is right for me."... .of course that is not what a missionary wants to hear from someone who has come so far! We kept listening to her... and it turns out she just worded that statement completely wrong! She just wasn't quite ready for baptism yet! She still needs to quit smoking, and she has a lot of things she needs to feel before she can make that commitment... so thankfully after a very long conversation, we were bumbed about her not getting baptized this week, but sooooo relieved that she still wants to! We all shed a lot of tears together, and she continues to say how much she has changed. She's also been having really neat experiences with prayer. This coming from the woman who was angry with God for so long. I'm just so pleased with her, and thankful that she's not jumping in before she's ready. She's amazing!
Sister Mortensen is awesome.... She just has such a sincere testimony, and a kind heart! I love her to death. We also have lots of fun together! President challenged us to memorize bullet points on How To Begin Teaching in PMG... So, we have taken on the task and we have been using hymns to memorize them. We've turned the bullet points into songs to the tune of different hymns... it's been a blast! =)... Entertainment is clearly limited as a missionary, so little things like that are really entertaining to me ;)
Well, I'm still loving mission life! Keep me posted on everything in CA! =D love you all!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment