Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 2nd Email

Transfer #3 is coming to an end.... WEIRD. Sister Hall is going home on Thursday... so I'm "killing her off".... I'm going to miss her! She's taught me so much. Love her! There are lots of things that could happen... Most likely someone will come in and I will still be junior companion, but I will be turning over the area, so that is stressful... or I could possibly become senior... who knows.... either way I'm mildly freaking out!
So this week... of course, it was awesome... Since I've been in G.I, I have given 2 talks, taught relief society, taught YW, and yesterday I taught ELDER'S QUORUM... What do I look like? A Scriptorian? Of course, thankfully, YW and EQ were a joint thing with sister hall, so it wasn't so bad... and YW was fun... we had to teach them all about fellowship. When I taught relief society, I taught them about Elder Andersen's talk "tell me the stories of jesus"... Imagine, a sister missionary (obviously not a parent) teaching a bunch of middle aged/elderly women about how to teach their children... Funny. I enjoyed it though! =)
ANN JOHNSON! Oh my, I love her. She is so great. She set a date! we invited her to be baptized on August 21st, and she said "that's cool!".... She's doing so well. Who would have thought? I just pulled her name out of a pile of formers! She said she has felt so much peace since meeting with us. She prayed with us the other day, and she (who just got over her anger issues with God) told God she loved him. AMAZING.
We work with a lot of Elderly less-actives in the area, and the other day Sis. Hall and I did Hymn Carolling and taught them on saturday. It was so much fun. It is so rewarding to see their faces! We went to See Walley and Dale, and Dale rejected us at first, so we went to sing to Walley, who loved it... then we went back out to see Dale, and we said "you change your mind yet?"... and He said, "yeah I guess...".... so we sang to him, and he totally loved it, whether or not he will admit it... and then he started singing "The Lord's Prayer" out of the blue... It was great.
I don't remember if I mentioned it last week, but QIQI (my etern-igator from Winter Quarters) got baptized! Oh my goodness! I am still in shock. I'm so proud of her. I wish I could have been there!
Anyway, pray for me that I don't have any panic attacks this coming week with transfers.... I'm excited/nervous/sad-sis-hall-is-leaving/worried that randomly they will decide to white-wash the area again. Who knows? Anyway, it will be grand! Love you all! wre me letters!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment