Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 9th Email!

HELLOOOOOO
Well, I've officially hit my 5 month mark, and I'm still in Grand Island! =) I have a new comp! Her name is Sister Mortensen! I knew her in the Trail Center, and She is just the sweetest! She's very sweet, and kind, and fun, and bubbly. I love her to death. She's senior companion, but I was a little overwhelmed the first few days, because I had to lead (that's the way it goes when you are turning over an area). BUT, now it's going really well!
My birthday is tomorrow, and that's so weird! I feel like I just had my birthday! Thank you for all of the birthday love =).... Sister Hall made sure to tell EVERYONE before she went home, so that she could make sure I had a good one without her there. She's the best =)... My District Leader/Zone leaders are also super awesome, and make sure to remind me every day that my birthday is coming up... so even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to forget about it! =) NOM is the best.
So I've got some really great investigators in this town! Michelle Scott is amazing. She's getting baptized in September. Every time we teach her, she ends up bearing her testimony like crazy. She's so on top of it. She's also serving in the ward as best she can without having an official calling. She comments in relief society, and she's spot on every time. I just love her. Ann Johnson... Also amazing. She told sister Mortensen and I how much she feels she has changed. Her family is noticing these changes too, and she said they are confused because she talks a lot now, and she finds ways to laugh about tough situations. I am so proud of her. She also testifies a lot, and I love it! =) I told her how neat it is to see the change in her from when I first met her. She asked if I felt any responsibility for that change, and I said "No, I just showed up when I needed to...." and She said, "well, you should.".... I thought that was cool. Although I really didn't do anything but listen to the spirit, it's cool to hear that she loves me. I remember when I thought she was annoyed when we came over... now she is happy and excited. Oh, I just love her.
I've felt so much love this past week. Both from others and for others. It's so important to have that love in order to progress as a missionary. I truly love these people, and I love knowing that I'm right where I need to be.
That's about all for now, but keep me posted on your lives. I love you all!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment