Sunday, August 29, 2010

July 19th Email

WHOA... What a week.
Wednesday was "Mission Training"... which is basically zone conference, but they are doing a new system for training missionaries, and we're doing it 4 times in 2 months... so I guess it's different.... ANYWAY, it was amazing! We drove in the transfer van all the way to Lincoln for ours. Sister Hall and I sat in the van for 2 hours with a ba-gillion elders. It was actually fun, believe it or not. =)... BUT training was amazing. We got to do some really neat activities. The assistants did a training where they had us pick 20 names from our ward roster to go visit. Then, we had to separate from each other, and pick 5 names on our own, and pray about them, and then come back together with each of our 5 names. They promised us that if we had sincerely prayed and followed the spirit, there would be 2-3 names in common from our lists. So we separated, and I really tried to focus on which names stood out to me, and which names I just picked for random reasons. I felt good about the ones I had, and we came back together, and we had 3 names that were the same. HOLY CANOLI. It was amazing. President did a major training on inspired questions and pausing and pondering. He really stressed the importance of listening to investigators during lessons and waiting for guidance from the spirit to discern their needs. It was really helpful, and the next day we had some cool experiences with the people we're working with. Also, Sister Hall and I sang "Come Thou Fount".... that was fun =)
After training, we went to a park in Lincoln for our zone activity! It was lots of fun! it was disgustingly humid, and I felt really ugly, but I loved it. President and Sister Kunz came and provided a bbq picnic for us. It was nice. President played football with the elders and sister kunz had girl-talk with us sisters. I just love them. After zone activity we hopped back into the transfer van and headed back to Grand Island. As we started driving it started POURING RAIN. CRAZY. Then the sky started to turn green.... which is an indicator that there could be a tornado coming. It was insane. I was excited... I've never seen a tornado... BUT as we continued driving the rain and green sky went away.... BUT, whenever there is a crazy storm, the sky always ends up looking INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL. All of a sudden there were swooshy, billowy clouds, and Orange and pink stripes everywhere in the sky. Aw man... I will never forget how pretty it was. Don't worry, I'll send pictures.
We set Bambi for baptism, but she hasn't attended church yet, and she has to attend 2 times. She missed yesterday. She was set for 7/31, but it looks like we have to push it back a bit. I think I mentioned the Cunningham family last week. They are this super sweet/humble/awesome, yet slightly complicated family. Brother Cunningham has suddenly found himself a new wife, and she wants to be baptized. Her name is Dorreen. She's the sweetest. I just love the Cunninghams.
I'm starting to feel the exhaust of missionary work. I guess when you go full-pros it wears on you. It's a good kind of exhaustion though, so I'll take it!
There is just something really special about Grand Island. It can be a bit dramatic at times, being a smaller town... but there is a spirit here that I just love. People are really humble and kind. I have felt the spirit more often in a short period of time than I ever have. It's amazing. The people are starting to understand that Heavenly Father has prepared them for big changes. It's about to explode and we are sooooo excited to be here for this! =D
I love you all! write me letters! ;)
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment