Sunday, August 29, 2010

July 26th Email

Well, it's official... I've seen my first cicada/locust. No one really knows exactly what they're called... but they are HUGE. All bugs in Nebraska are jumbo sized, but cicadas are GIGANTIC. They really don't hurt you, but they are just scary. I'd send a picture, but that would involve me having to get close to one, and I refuse....
Anyway, back to the important stuff.... We had a baptism on saturday! Doreen Cunningham! It was great! She said she got out of the water and said she just made a deep sigh, that's how great she felt. The spirit is awesome! =)
I can't remember if I've mentioned Ann Johnson before, but she's awesome! She was taught on and off by elders, and we just picked her name out of a bunch of formers from the area book. We had been trying to get in and teach her for weeks, and finally a few weeks ago, she let us in. We have had some amazing experiences just teaching her. She has had issues with God because of tragedies in her life, and hasn't walked into a church (except for her dad's funeral) in years. She finally decided to go to church, and she went with us yesterday! She was totally scared, but she did it. She also is soft set. She said she would be baptized if she knew it was true. That's not usually a HUGE deal, but I've never heard anyone respond so sincerely to a soft set. Usually people just say yes and shrug it off. But she was so amazing. I'm excited to see her progress.
We're sad because Bambi and her kids still haven't gone to church yet, and they are very hard to get ahold of. We're in the process of trying to decide what to do to help them. UGH, they just have so much potential. We did teach the kids The Plan of Salvation the other day, which was awesome. They taught it back to us, no problem. I felt pretty dumb, since I didn't get it at all when I was their age! haha.
I've fallen in love with the Pyper family, the Nesslain family, and the Cunningham family. They are the best. The Pypers are a big musical family, so naturally I love them... but the mom is just the sweetest lady, and I really click with them in a lot of other ways. The nesslains are just this big powerhouse family and they have no idea how amazing they are. The spirit just eminates from them! The cunninghams are just the cunninghams, and you can't help but love them!
I am starting to be afraid for the rest of my mission. Miracles just keep falling into my lap, and I have no idea what I did to deserve it. Grand Island is just blossoming, and I feel like all I did was just show up. It just goes to show that missionaries just sort of show up and provide people with info/testimony, and the Lord takes care of the rest. Because REALLY, lets face it... I'm not the sharpest tool in the box... ;)
Anyway, I'm in love with this funny little town. I can't wait to see what other miracle await us. Pray for me. I pray for all of you! =) write me letters! ;)
Sister Bonelli
P.s.... if anyone has heard from my brother.... tell him to let me know if he's alive, I miss that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment