Sunday, January 2, 2011

December 27th Email


I hope you all had a great Christmas! Mine was wonderful! I love being a missionary, especially on Christmas. It's neat because we're supposed to be as missionary-oriented as possible on Christmas, so we still go out and work, but more so with members and visit them to help lift their spirits. We ate Dinner with the Bishop Burton and his family. They are amazing. One of the most inspiring groups of people I've met. We also ate with The Corrigans. Also amazing people. Brother corrigan made us these awesome brazillian rolls, that have no wheat, so I ate many of them.... After dinner I was fairly content with how much I'd eaten, but then we went to visit another lady in the ward who hadn't had dinner yet, so we felt obligated to accept her offer to eat dinner there.... I've never felt more disgusting in my life. But I've been well fed, so I am grateful! =)
On Christmas Eve, we got to do a progressive dinner with all of the senior couples. They each had us over to their apartments for a snack and a little activity. I've learned so much from all of them. One of my favorite things about being in the Trail center with all of them is that I get to hear their stories and their advice. I love it. We're so spoiled!
I just love how I felt on Christmas. We couldn't do a ton of proselyting, but we got to feel the Christmas cheer and really spend our time trying to lift others and I loved every minute of it! =)
I'm so thankful for the Savior and his example. I'm thankful that we can remember him all year round and that we are so blessed because of his sacrifice. I think it's neat that his role in our lives is so important that we even spend a whole month celebrating just his birth. I love reading in the book of mormon about the prophecies of his birth, and how excited everyone was for that day. I love being here in Nebraska, despite the freezing weather and the crazy people I meet. It's the best experience of my life!
I love you all!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment