Sunday, January 2, 2011

September 20th Email

GUESS WHAT!!! I'm back in Omaha! =)
I am soooo happy. We had transfers on Friday, and I got the phone call that I was heading to the Ralston Lavista Ward. It's actually in the Papillion Stake, but basically Omaha. It was hard to leave the people of Grand Island, I love them so much, and Grand Island was a HUGE growing point for me in my mission, but I knew it was time for me to head out. I am now in Ralston Lavista with Sister Stanger, who is awesome, and I'm in President Kunz's ward! =) I think that's fun. Sad thing is, President is never at church... so he's less-active! Weird huh? ;)
Friday was basically the best day of my life! I headed to Omaha, and arrived and had just the best welcome of my life. Everyone was so happy to see me and I had no idea I was going to be attacked by hugs when I got back! It was great! I got to be in the Trail Center that night, and Sister Brady was there too! When I got to the trail center, she was down in the basement with some tourists who were seeing the Quilt Show (a community thing. like a creche festival for quilts). I ran downstairs and saw her standing there. She turned around and saw me and almost fell to the floor! She immediately said, "um, ok. I might have accidentally prayed for you to come back!"... It was cute. We spent about a half hour just laughing and sharing awesome stories. I just love her. She and I were worried we wouldn't get to see each other before she goes home next transfer, so the fact that I came back this transfer was really exciting for us!
The day gets even better. So, it was kind of a slow day at the trail center, and I was sitting in the "hot-seat" waiting for a tour to come in. I saw a guy about to walk in, and I realized it was CHAD! My heart leaped for joy, because I just love that kid! I yelled to sister Brady that he was there because I was so happy! He walked in, and when he saw me he ran up to me and shook my hand, almost hugged me... He still hasn't gotten used to the no-hug thing. All the while sister Brady was standing next to me, pointing at me, as if Chad hadn't already figured out that I was standing in front of him! He said Elder Taggart (the elder who baptized him, who went home this transfer) invited him to the departing testimony meeting at the trail center, and also told him that he knew I would be there, so he came early to see me! Apparently everyone knew I would be at the trail center accept for me. That just made my day. Sister Brady had to go on tour, but since there were no tours for me to take, Chad just sat in the lobby and told me how amazing his life has been since he found the gospel. This boy used to drink and smoke, had a bit of a history. He is now on the activities committee in the Singles Ward, is very active, is dating a great Lds girl, and he told me a story about the miracles of paying tithing! He's also really enthusiastic about serving a mission! 3 months ago, he was so sad and my heart just broke for him, and now his entire countenance has changed and he's just amazing. He also gave 10 referrals to the trail center. AMAZING. He thanked me for all that I did.... I don't really know what he was referring to, cause really... I didn't do anything but show up and try to love him and teach him.... The spirit did everything else. It was so wonderful to see the change in him.
We had trail center training the next morning, so all of the sisters slept over at the Trail center apartments. Everyone was just so loving and happy to see me. I just felt so much love, and I am going to be so sad when I have to leave this place!
So, exciting news. I live in a HUGE apartment with a walk-in closet. I just needed to share that with the world. I don't know how 2 sister missionaries lucked out with that one.
Ralston is amazing. I haven't really gotten a feel for it yet, because transfers this week were so nuts, but I love it so far. The members are really great and enthusiastic about helping us in any way they can. We're in a bit of a slump, so we need to do some finding, but I love it so far. It's lovely =)
Tomorrow we have a mission tour. Meaning a General Authority is coming to speak to us! =) Elder Ellis of the seventy is coming! I am singing "I know That My Redeemer Lives." I'm a little nervous, but totally excited! =)
I do miss Grand Island, but I am glad that I know I'm where I need to be! I just love it! =)
I love you all! keep me posted on life!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment