Sunday, January 2, 2011

November 2nd Email

Hi family!
I a pretty eventful week this past week! Transfers were on Thursday, and Sister Stanger and I are staying together in Ralston-Lavista! We pretty much knew that, but we were excited anyway! =) Ralston seems to be on its way to success! We had to drop a bunch of people again, but in just a few days we're already seeing it grow and it's amazing. I know it's because I've been doing EVERYTHING in my power to help the area... It's progressing slowly, but surely. We have 2 new investigators. Layla and Curtis. Layla was being taught by sisters in another Area, but she moved so they turned her over to us. We met her last night, and she was bear her testimony like crazy! She has somethings she has to do before she can get baptized, but she is holding out for the day. Curtis was a referral from some other sisters, and he is also great! =) We have an investigator named gary who we taught a few weeks ago. He is a sweet, soft-spoken old man, and we thought he gave us the wrong address, but it turns out we were looking in the wrong part of his apt complex, and we found him again last night. He was excited to see us and we are so thankful we thought to look in a different building! =) That was definitely the spirit!
So, Halloween as a misisonary is an interesting day. We have to be in at 6 pm. So the trail center has permission to have all of the sisters come that evening to watch church films and do crafts. We got to make all these cute photo albums, provided by one of the senior sisters and it was so fun! Sister Stanger and I were working the trail center that night, so we were in and out. A big group tour from BYU-Idaho came in, and sister Lamplugh and I split them up to take them on tours. I was getting ready to take the tour, and in walks HEATHER BELL! It was so good to see her! We got to chat about missions and how amazing they are. She looked great!
Sister Brady went home =(... I was sad. BUT I got to meet her family and it was wonderful! Her parents came to pick her up, and they came with her to trail center training on saturday morning. I felt like I'd known them for years. Her mom gave me the biggest mom hug ever! I got to go and sing to them while Sister Brady took them on tour, and tell them a little bit about William Clayton. It was really neat. I miss Mama B like crazy but I just love her and I know she's going to be amazing!
It's getting cold.... need I say more?
Things I've learned on my mission:
-how the spirit feels... like really. It's not that gigantic of a feeling. It just feels GOOD.
-3 hour weekly planning is best if done during a Nebraska Huskers game. Limits door slams
-Sugar is the devil.
-Member work is HUGE. I've never understood more than now how important member missionaries are. Missionaries are in their areas for a short time, and they can work as hard as they can, but they can only accomplish so much without the support from ward members. As influential as the missionaries are, it's not OURS. It's the Ward's. So, my commitment for you is to pray for opportunities to share the gospel with those you love. DON'T BE SCARED.
I love you all! Pray that I survive the first snowfall, whenever that happens. Write me!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment