Sunday, January 2, 2011

October 26th Email

Oh yeah, and another super late update I forgot last week is that our mission has some new areas. We now have part of South Dakota, and another part of Iowa in the mission. So, we have a bunch of new missionaries from those 2 missions. They've been here for a few transfers though, so it's been a while.
This past week has been really good. We had "Specialized Training.".... aka: zone conference. We went over the new system that they are using at the MTC. It was kind of cool, they had us seperate from our companions, and we each attended different trainings, so that they could fit them all into one day, and then we would train our companions the next day during companion study. It was really cool. We have really been emphasizing lately the concept of "teaching people, not lessons." I LOVE that concept. One thing that I have strived to do my whole mission is be sincere and just teach, love, and testify all at the same time. So I just love talking about that subject. I just love zone conferences. It's like going to EFY or youth conference every month, and getting spiritually refueled all the time. I love it. It inspired me to work a lot harder. Sometimes (I hate to admit) I struggle with talking to everyone I possibly can when we're walking from point A to point B, but after zone conference I had an epiphany. I decided that I could only help this area grow if I'm doing EVERYTHING in my power to invite the spirit in my life, and to do what I can. So, the next day, I talked to EVERYONE I could. I've been trying to work on the little things to invite the spirit, and I can honestly say it's been truly awesome! We've been meeting more people that are willing to listen to us, and we even have 2 people set for baptism! We haven't been able to set anyone all transfer, and it's finally happening! I'm so excited!
Rachelle decided she wants to be baptized... of course, she still pretends she hates us, but she wants to, so we're excited for her! We talked to her fellowshipper, and she said she actually really likes us, she just doesn't want to give us the satisfaction... oh well, we'll take what we can get! haha...
Our other set is Henry. He's a former investigator from Togo in Africa. He was set for baptism before, but he felt like he needed to know everything... so we're working with him on that, but he agreed to be baptized!
Things are starting to look up, and we're really excited! Transfers are coming up on thursday... We're pretty certain we're both staying in Ralston, but who knows!
Well, I love you all! keep me posted on life! =)
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment