Sunday, January 2, 2011

November 15th Email

WELL.... It has officially snowed in Omaha! The other day we were in our apartment for dinner, and right as we were leaving, it began snowing. It snowed for about an hour. We were about to drive, and I have not driven in snow, much less really been in snow, so you can imagine I was mildly nervous! We had just had a training on how we need to drive safely in the winter, and it was full of tragic scenarios, so I was not excited! But, Sister Stanger gave me some helpful tips before we left the apt, and I was able to drive us around without any near death experiences. The snow is still in the process of melting away, so we haven't had any since that evening, but It was neat while it lasted. I'm not going to lie though, I will not be sad when the winter is over. Snow is a pain.
As a missionary, your musical options are limited, so when you are asked to sing in zone conferences, you have to choose wisely! Sister Endemann, my favorite samoan EVER, and I got to sing. We couldn't figure out what the zone needed to hear, but we sorted through a big mormony sheet music book, and found Michael Mcclain's "Hold on."... yes, I sang michael mcclain. Never been a big fan. But it was fun, because we tweeked it and now I love it! =) Zone conference was amazing, as usual. President just loves us. So does Sister Kunz. They are just the mom and dad of Omaha.
We had some let downs this week. The theme for this week is "How creatively can I turn down the missionaries?" We had a new investigator, Brandi, who was amazing! She was just really receptive, and we were so excited about her. We even had our relief society president come with us to teach her. We went back to see her for our return appointment, and her husband, who we'd never met, opened the door, and handed us back Brandi's Book of Mormon, and told us she didn't need it. Oh--and he then proceeded to hand us back to website card.... Geesh.
BUT, Gary is doing well! Yesterday we committed him to quit smoking. We had our amazing teamup, sister Cristofferson, who has been a member for 4 years. She was addicted to just about everything you can think of, and has overcome so much. She's very inspiring! She really helped him get excited to quit. With him, we decided to do it little by little, so we committed him to quit for 24 hours, and we will be going back there tonight to see him.
We have a Less-active that just moved into the ward. Her name is Candice. She joined the church about 5 years ago, but has stopped going. She moved in, and requested that missionaries come to see her on mormon.org. She has been wanting to come back, but just needed a bit of a push so that she could do it. She is so amazing, and so strong. She came with us to stake conference yesterday, and is doing really well! I've had the priviledge of being lead to people who just need a little push to get back on the strait and narrow, and I just love it! =)
We got our conference Ensigns the other day! I am so happy! I've learned how important it is to go back and read the talks after conference. Funny story. While we were watching conference, there was a story told about a cow who snuck over to a wheat field, and ate, and got bloated and died..... I leaned over to Sister Stanger and told her that was exactly how I feel when I eat wheat!.... Our relief society president is always making sure she doesn't feed me any, and tells me she doesn't want me to be a stupid cow like that one... I love it.
I'm continuing to love my mission! It's hard work, but the most rewarding work there is. I love you all! Write me! =)
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment