Sunday, January 2, 2011

November 29th Email

I hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving! I sure did. We had Thanksgiving at the Stokes family's home. They were great! We had breakfast with another family, and they made me gluten free biscuits and gravy! It was really good. I still feel like I'm going to die of food overload, but It was wonderful! Last week we had dinner with Sister Kunz, and she randomly mentioned that her yard was being smothered by leaves, so we tracked down a bunch of rakes and invited some other missionaries in our zone to come with us to rake their yard! It was fun! We were going to surprise them, but we decided it would be creepy to sneak into their backyard, so we knocked on the door and told them why we were there, and they were so happy! They actually bundled up and came out and helped us. It's always funny seeing president kunz in normal clothes. It's a rare occurrence. Afterward, Sister kunz gave us hot chocolate, and president gave us the scoop on who's been recently engaged or married since returning home! It's so funny when he inadvertently gossips! =)
Good news, I'm not completely dying of weather shock! It was 14 degrees on thanksgiving, and I wasn't even that cold. It didn't even phase me when we were outside raking leaves! I'm so happy. It's 50 degrees today, and I don't even have a coat on. My body is adjusting... Hopefully I will be okay when it hits below zero!
Other good news! Gary DOES NOT have lice. I was on exchanges with Sister Evans on Wednesday, and we were teaching Gary. A long time ago, he told us he is schizophrenic, and we didn't think much of it, but Sister Evans had an epiphany.... He THINKS he has lice. So, I took that into consideration, and we have been asking questions, and putting together all of the pieces, and we even prayed about it. He doesn't have lice or any other bug. He's always trying to point them out to us, and it's always just fuzz or lint. Also, he sees a doctor and a psychiatrist, and they both know that he has "lice".... SO, we were able to get him to church yesterday! We were so happy. The ward was so nice and loving and excited that he was there. President and Sister Kunz snagged him from the people who took him to church, and took him under their wings. He loved it! Gospel principles was interesting though. Of all the lessons, this week was "The Scattering of the House of Israel.".... The lesson not only was complicated, but it kept going off on all of these huge tangents that I'm sure went way over his head. Every now and then President would look at us sympathetically and chuckle. Oh man.... It was crazy. BUT, he said he really enjoyed it, and we went back and taught him in the evening. He handed over all of his tobacco products! He handed it over the day before, but it turned out he didn't actually hand it ALL over, so he went in and bagged it up and gave the rest to us. This time he looked totally depressed. BUT, it's for his own good! We just love him to death.
Rachelle dropped us a few weeks ago, I don't remember if I mentioned it. She and her fiance, who's a member, broke up and she decided she wanted nothing to do with the church. But then her fiance's mom called us and told us that they got back together, and said she wanted to meet with us again. But she keeps cancelling every time we make an appointment. I don't know... It's all crazy to me. When we finally do meet with her again, we're going to kind of lay it on the table and tell her that she needs to do this for her, and take it seriously.... I don't like being stern, but she just needs to know!
We had a mission-wide fast on sunday, and we fasted for more people to be set for baptism, and more families to teach. We found a family! Michelle and Derek! They are married and super awesome. We taught them and they were super receptive!
I had a really great week! I'm excited for this one! I love you all.... keep up the fabulous work! =)
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment