Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3rd Email

So, I think my weeks are starting to establish themes again! This week was amazing! It all starts with my lack of desire to go tracting. Since I started my mission in a Singles Ward, where tracting is really ineffective, It's taken me a while to really grasp a desire to tract. also, I've just been super exhausted lately, so going out all day started to wear on me a bit. last Wednesday, Sister Stanger and I knew that we were going to go tracting, and we knew that we would be doing a lot of it. I was not excited! So that morning, I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help me to not only have the desire to really work hard, but enjoy it, whether or not there were results. We went to check on a few people first, and while we were leaving the house of one person, we decided to go to one of the streets we decided to tract. We were making a U-turn in a little cul-de-sac and I randomly said, "Hey, why don't we tract this little circle while we're here?" So we parked, and prayed before we left the car, asking again to have joy in tracting. As soon as we got out of the car, we saw a woman pulling her garbage cans out of her Garage. Sister Stanger offered her our help, and we helped pull cans to the curb. She asked us if we were mormons, and joked a bit about how her mom used to make her hide whenever they came knocking on the door! But then she said, "If you have a message to share, I would really love to hear it!" Needless to say we were pretty excited that she basically contacted us. We went in and listened to her story a bit, and she has been through everything imaginable. She's been sober for about 3 years, and has overcome a ton of awful things in her life. She said that She saw us in the neighborhood a few days before that, and wanted to talk to us but was afraid to for some reason. We taught her about Joseph Smith and she was really interested. She was amazing! We were So excited! I am so thankful. I know that was an answer to my prayers. I didn't even ask for Susan to come along, but she did just when I needed a little boost. It was amazing. a few days later, we had a similar experience. We tracted into a cute little family, and the little boy asked his mom if we could come in. She said "Are you going to listen if they come in?"... He assured her that he would, and she let us in, and we're meeting with her again tonight!
We were a little worried about Candice's husband Eli. He's just super shy reserved, so we didn't know what his actually interest level was. We stopped by after the holidays to set up an appointment, and eli wasn't home, so we asked candice about how he's feeling what brought everything about. She said he's pretty interested, and while they were on a roadtrip to texas, he asked her all sorts of questions, and said he had lots of questions for us! So we're pretty excited! =)
I've had a pretty great week. Lots of miracles. I just love how Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers. I love you all! keep me posted and write me some letters! k? MUAH
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment