Sunday, August 14, 2011

March 21st Email

I just love life. Ely Roach was baptized and confirmed this past weekend, and It was amazing. He's a changed person, and I'm so glad I got to see it happen. His baptism was the most tender one I have been to. Beforehand, Candice asked us if we would sit next to her while he was being baptized, so when he got up, we moved up to her row and sat by her. When he was baptized Candice and I both sat there and cried. I know that now they are just a year away from going to the temple! I felt so blessed to see that happen. I have been to several baptisms, and seen some amazing things, but the thing about this one is that its something that Candice has been waiting for and finally has hope that they will be sealed. After Ely came out from changing clothes, he ended up sitting behind candice, instead of making us move, and Candice reached back and grabbed his hand. They looked at each other for a few seconds and just smiled. I could tell how much they loved each other and how happy they were. It wasn't cheesy I promise! Although, I felt like I was watching a really moving chick flick.(I guess it's been a while)... But it was so sweet, and I am just lucky to have been there to see it. There are so many things about my mission that have changed me. That evening, my companions and I were laying in bed chatting, and I just felt so overwhelmed with happiness. I can't begin to describe the way that this mission has changed me. We even talked about how we can't even describe it to each other. It's just this common thing that we all individually understand, but don't know how to express. I don't know... it's just amazing.
Later that day, We went to follow up with a lady we met while checking on some potential investigators. Her name is Christina. When we met her, she said that she and her husband had recently been talking about how they wanted to go back to church, but they didn't know where because they hadn't found the right fit yet. She could tell that our meeting her wasn't coincidental. We went back to teach her, and she was just amazing! She's been through a lot, but now has a wonderful husband and 2 adorable little kids. Anyway, after we taught her, she said to us that she felt like we all looked so familiar and that she felt like we'd sat at that table and had that conversation before. Whoa...
Another little miracle... We've been teaching this less-active lady named Jinx since I've been here. She is just awesome. She used to kind of try and intellectualize the gospel, but it turns out that she never really doubted... she just struggled with some other things. Anyway, now it's come down to her just deciding what to do. She's scared, and I can feel that she is, but I know that she will do whatever the lord tells her at this point. We had an awesome lesson with her yesterday. Bishop Burton came with us. He's just an incredible person, and I have loved working with him. Anyway, he pretty much taught... actually, I felt like a fly on the wall during an interview the bishop, so it was kind of funny. But jinx has always been very open with me and whoever my companions have been. Anyway, It was awesome, and I learned a lot from him. He gave her a blessing, and I think she is getting there! We are excited.
Those are just a few of the miracles I've been able to witness this week. I have truly seen the Lord carry me to wherever I've needed to be. I am so grateful to know that I can't get by without him. I love him. I have a favor to ask of all of you.... Will you mail me your conversion stories? I just want to know at what point you knew that this was right... I have a new fascination, so just run with it! k? love you!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment