Sunday, August 14, 2011

May 25th Email

This past week has been one incredible week. On Saturday, I met an Apostle! I shook hands with Elder D. Todd Christofferson! It was amazing. The entire mission traveled to Omaha for a mission fireside, and we each, one by one, got to meet him. I sat in the front row, so I was really close while he spoke to us! We made eye contact several times, which was cool. In fact, at the end, he looked me straight in the eye and said "God, Bless you. Never forget we were together today".... that was amazing. You know someone is a man of God when you meet him once, and listen to him speak, and it seems like you're friends. He is an incredible man, and I am still in awe over it. It was funny. There were a few times during hymns and stuff where he would look at me and smile. I felt so special =)
I got to give a training in District meeting, which was fun! I actually like to do things like that now, believe it or not. I love helping missionaries feel the spirit, and a greater desire to work hard. I taught on the Role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has helped me to be someone I never thought I could become.
Transfers are tomorrow, and I found out that I'm getting Sister Myers! She's been known to "Kill" a lot of missionaries. So she will probably be my last companion! That's a weird thought. She's a very hard working missionary. I'm so excited to have her. I really want to make this the best 2 transfers of my mission. REALLY badly. So many times people get overwhelmed and its hard to focus those last days of the mission... I don't want that to happen! I'm excited to be having this opportunity to serve with all I have. I haven't been a perfect missionary. I haven't always been as good as I could be, but I do know that I want to be, and that I am going to take this opportunity to be the best I can!
I love you all!
Sister Bonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment